A hearty, healthy and comforting breakfast to kick off your day ~ made with oats, Greek yogurt, peanut butter, agave, pure vanilla and cinnamon, sprinkled with dark chocolate chips and roasted peanuts. Tastes like a slightly sweet and savory cookie, but isn’t one!
Serves 1 Person (can easily be doubled, tripled, etc.)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2017
Small/Medium Sauce Pan
1/2 Cup Cooked Oatmeal (I used quick oats, but any plain oatmeal of choice can be used)
1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Heaping Tablespoon Peanut Butter (or any nut butter) of choice
1 Teaspoon Agave Syrup (or another natural sweetener, like real honey or real maple syrup)
1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
A Few Dashes of Cinnamon (to taste)
Small Handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
Small Handful of Roasted and Salted Peanuts
*You can also use unsalted peanuts as well, but I would consider adding in a pinch of sea salt or pink Himalayan salt into your oatmeal if you do go the unsalted route. This helps to balance the flavors.
Ceramic Bowl by Jeremy Ogusky, Creater of Ogusky Ceramics (based in Jamaica Plan, MA)
- Cook oatmeal of choice according to package instructions. You’ll need 1/2 cup cooked for 1 serving. I always cook mine in a sauce pan over the stove, but there are definitely microwave options as well!
- Once oatmeal is cooked and slightly cooled, transfer to your serving bowl of choice, and stir in the 1/4 cup Greek yogurt until well-combined, and then add 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter (or nut butter) of choice. The oatmeal should still be warm enough at this point to easily melt the peanut butter, making mixing super easy.
- Next, add in 1 teaspoon Agave (or other natural sweetener), 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, and a few dashes of cinnamon. Stir all together to incorporate.
- Next, stir in a few peanuts and chocolate chips, and then sprinkle extra peanuts and chocolate chips on top as well.
- Grab a spoon, and enjoy! 🙂