Fresh Mixed Greens, Topped with Crisped Oven-Baked Mixed Potatoes Stuffed with Mushroom Brie Cheese and Drizzled with White Truffle Oil, Pan Browned Italian Chicken Sausage, and Sautéed Petite Peas, Sprinkled with Two-Tone Gomasio
Serves 4 People (*Can easily be modified to serve 1 person or any amount)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2017
*Potatoes adapted from Half Baked Harvest
Oven, Preheated to 400°F
2 Sheet Pans
*Takes about an hour to make this meal due to roasting/baking potatoes
*Disclaimer – I am including certain brand names of things I use (just because they are personal favorites of mine), but feel free to use whatever brand you like, is the cheapest, is on sale, what you have on hand, etc.*
2 Small Bags of Mini Potatoes (I used yellow and purple varieties)
1 Wedge Brie Cheese (I use Champignon, which is Brie with bits of mushroom in it)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
6 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter, Melted
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder (*to taste)
1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme (*to taste)
2 to 4 Teaspoons White Truffle Oil (*to taste)
1 Pack of Brat Hans Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
1 Bag Frozen Peas (I use petite peas)
1 Container Mixed Greens of Choice
Optional: A dash of Juneseed Foods two-tone gomasio (for extra flavoring)
Ceramic Infinity Plate by Jeremy Ogusky, Creater of Ogusky Ceramics (based in Jamaica Plan, MA)
Gomasio by Nancy Partington, Creator of Juneseed Foods (based in NYC)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line two standard sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry, then evenly spread across the two pans.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil all over each pan/potatoes, and toss potatoes in the oil. Add some dashes of salt and pepper to each.
- Place in the oven, and roast potatoes for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, mix together the melted unsalted butter, garlic powder (*to taste), and dried thyme (*to taste). You can add more or less depending on flavor preference.
- After 20 minutes, remove the potatoes from oven (leave the oven heated) and smash into thin rounds using a fork (or tart tamper). (*Potatoes should be tender enough to do this – if not, roast a bit longer.)
- Drizzle melted unsalted butter and seasoning mixture all over smashed potatoes and sheet pans, and return the pans to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, cut Italian chicken sausage into small rounds and pan fry with a little olive oil. When they look close to completion, add in a bag of frozen peas to the same pan and warm/cook it all together.
- After 20 minutes, remove potatoes from the oven (leave oven heated) and add small pieces of brie on each potato round. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- During this time, arrange mixed greens, peas, and chicken sausage among plates.
- After five minutes, remove potatoes from oven and drizzle white truffle oil (to taste) over top. Add additional pepper and dried thyme if preferred.
- While still warm, place preferred amount of potatoes on top of salads and add salad dressing (if wanted). I don’t use any dressing on this personally, because the butter and truffle oil really season everything for me. Sprinkle with Juneseed Foods two-tone gomasio (if using), and enjoy!!! 🙂
* Tip: One thing I LOVE about this salad is I can make up a huge portion and eat it throughout the entire week! I just reheat the potatoes, peas, and sausage and then throw everything on top of fresh greens each day!