Easy-to-make, fluffy, sweet, flavorful, savory – what more do you need to hear? Oh yeah – you only need ONE bowl to make these (and no mixer!). These cookies are the perfect combination of flavors and not too sweet – dark chocolate, raw pistachios, flaked sea salt, almond extract, vanilla extract, and anisette liquor meld together to make the perfect milk-dipping cookie (down to the very last bite!). I dare you to eat only one of these in one sitting (it’s impossible, really).
Makes About Two Dozen Cookies (I made 22 exactly)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 350°F
2 Sheet Pans
One Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl (I use a Pyrex one)
Dry and Liquid Measuring Cups
Mixing Spoon or Rubber Spatula
*Disclaimer – I am including certain brand names of things I use (just because they are personal favorites of mine), but feel free to use whatever brand you like, is the cheapest, is on sale, what you have on hand, etc.*
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Melted
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Cane Sugar (or White Sugar of Choice)
1 Large Egg
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
1 Teaspoon Anisette Liquor
1 and 1/2 Cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (Split into 1 and 1/4 added first, then 1/4 added later)
1/4 Cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (or salt of choice)
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (*add more – even double- if you like super chocolate chip cookies)
1/2 Cup Raw Pistachios
Optional: Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, for topping
Ceramic Infinity Plate and Cup by Jeremy Ogusky, Creater of Ogusky Ceramics (based in Jamaica Plan, MA)
- Position heating racks in middle and at the top of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line both standard sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Melt unsalted butter in microwave safe bowl (large enough for mixing).
- Whisk in light brown sugar, cane sugar, large egg, pure vanilla extract, pure almond extract and anisette liquor.
- Switch to mixing spoon or rubber spatula, and add in 1 and 1/4 cups of flour. Mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Next, add in whole milk, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and 1/4 cup flour, then mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
- Finally, add in preferred amounts of chocolate chips and pistachios. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping amount of dough and place on the parchment lined sheet pans. Make sure rounds are about 2 inches apart (don’t worry about the dough being perfectly round, just place scoops on the pan).
- Repeat until all the dough is used and pans are filled.
- Place cookies in the oven for 10 to 13 minutes (look for the edges to brown slightly and centers to set). Mine baked for 13 minutes exactly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack.
- *Optional: Sprinkle cookies with a pinch of flaked sea salt to get the salted chocolate/nut flavor profile.
- Grab a cup of milk or coffee, and enjoy! 🙂
*Cookies should keep in an airtight container for 4 to 5 days.