You are exactly 5 minutes (or less) away from having this dessert. And no, this is not a joke. I know there are “mug cake mixes” you can buy in the grocery store – but seriously, save yourself the money and cut preservatives and artificial colors and flavors by making your own right at home! This mug cake pudding comes together with only 9 ingredients total, and it is super delicious and decadent down to the very last bite. I think homemade mug cakes are severely underrated when it comes to figuring out what to have for dessert – they are simple, short in baking time, and you only make ONE serving, which means you won’t have extras lying around you don’t necessarily want to eat later. Plus, the ingredients in this aren’t all that bad for you when it comes down to other things you could be eating. I hope you enjoy this warming treat as much as I do! 🙂
Serves 1 Person (Can Easily be Multiplied)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
1 Microwave Safe Mug
*Disclaimer – I am including certain brand names of things I use (just because they are personal favorites of mine), but feel free to use whatever brand you like, is the cheapest, is on sale, what you have on hand, etc.*
1 Ripe Banana
2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Milk of Choice (I used Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk)
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Tablespoon Agave Syrup
1/4 Teaspoon Rum Extract
2 Tablespoons Walnut Pieces
1 Teaspoon Salted Caramel Sauce (I used S&F Caramel Sea Salt Dessert Sauce)
Dash of Cinnamon
- Take 3/4 of banana (reserving other 1/4 for topping) and smash into microwave safe mug using a spoon.
- Next, evenly mix smashed banana with all-purpose flour, whole milk, baking powder, agave syrup, rum extract and 1 tablespoon of walnuts (reserving other 1 tablespoon for topping).
- Place mug in microwave, and cook for 2-3 minutes until top is firm but spongy.
- Cake pudding will be HOT, so let cool a few minutes.
- Top with remaining banana (sliced), walnuts, salted caramel sauce, and a dash of cinnamon.
- Enjoy! 🙂