Just a fair warning – I will be posting multiple versions of my favorite mini cheesecake bites recipes. Because they are SO good and such a crowd pleaser for any party or get-together! I started off wanting to make a version I’ve made a million times, but then I started craving a Snickers bar. I honestly can’t tell you the last time I had a one. I think it might have been 3 years ago (I know, crazy – but I really try not to eat processed foods) and I bought it out of the vending machine at work, promptly ate it, said hi to like five people leaving my office, only to realize (later) I had chocolate on my forehead (no idea to this day how that happened). First impressions die hard. Anyway – these bites will definitely satisfy that Snickers craving, and although I can’t sit here and say they are a “healthy” dessert, they are made with good ingredients and mini in size. So, there’s that! And sometimes, at the end of a long week, you just need a glass of red wine, some great friends, and one (*five) of these sweet treats! Crunchy cookie crust, sweet chocolate cheesecake, roasted salted peanuts and a caramel dessert drizzle – all mini sized! SO good – enjoy! 🙂
Makes Around 3 Dozen Minis
*Cupcakes do Chill After Baking for Best Taste*
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 350°F
Mini Cupcake Tin (I have this one)
Cupcake Liners (I have these ones)
Tart Tamper (I have this one)
Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
*Disclaimer – I am including certain brand names of things I use (just because they are personal favorites of mine), but feel free to use whatever brand you like, is the cheapest, is on sale, what you have on hand, etc.*
20 “Oreo” Style Cookies (I used these Chocolate Sandwich Cremes)
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Melted & Cooled
8 Ounces Cream Cheese (1 Package), At Room Temperature
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt (or Salt of Choice)
1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
Jar of Caramel *For Stuffing/Drizzling (I used S&F Caramel Sea Salt Sauce)
1 Cup Roasted and Salted Peanuts *For Topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place liners in non-stick cupcake tin.
- Combine chocolate sandwich cookies and melted butter in food processor, chop/mix together until a fine mixture results.
- Place 1 teaspoon of mixture in each cupcake liner, use hands or tart tamper to press down and form a base “crust”. *Remaining mixture will be used to top.
- Once all cupcake tins have a base crust, pop them in the oven for five minutes.
- While this is baking, combine cream cheese, sugar, egg, cocoa powder, and salt in mixing bowl, then mix to evenly combine. *Don’t worry if there is still little pieces of cream cheese throughout, it’ll all combine together nicely in the final product!
- Once crusts are done (*leave the oven on), let cool 5 minutes and then add 1 heaping teaspoon of chocolate cream cheese mixture in each crust. Use a spoon to spread the mixture evenly over the tops.
- Next, top the cream cheese mixture with 1/4 teaspoon of caramel (*when this bakes, it crisps and becomes nice and chewy) and stick a chocolate chip in the center (just adds a little extra chocolate). Sprinkle the top with 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate cookie mixture.
- Bake this for 10 minutes and remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Top each mini bite with preferred amount of roasted and salted peanuts, then drizzle with preferred amount of caramel.
- These bites are best chilled, so allow to cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Enjoy cold! 🙂
*Leftovers keep in sealed container in refrigerator for 5 days.*