Spring is (technically) here, but it doesn’t feel like it! Especially with another snow storm making its way through (we are NINE inches and counting so far here!). So, I decided I wanted something colorful to brighten the day and crafted this bell pepper brunch tray! It’s the perfect balance between sweet, spicy, and savory, and is also super easy to make! I am always in the mood for something simple for breakfast or brunch, and also always looking for ways to incorporate vegetables and protein into my diet. Pleas, who doesn’t like eggs with cheese on top? It’s a fantastic way to kick off any day! Hope you enjoy, and stay warm in this crazy weather! 🙂
Makes 1 Serving
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Large Sauté Pan
Olive Oil (*For Coating Pan)
3 Large Round Bell Pepper Slices (You can use the same bell pepper – I used three different bell peppers for color variation haha!)
3 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese of Choice (I used Fontina)
Optional for Topping/Serving: Toasted Bread, Hot Sauce, Black Pepper, Parsley
Square Platter by Jeremy Ogusky, Creater of Ogusky Ceramics (based in Jamaica Plan, MA)
- Place a small amount of olive oil in sauté pan and spread to coat the base of the pan. Place on stovetop at medium heat.
- Next, add bell pepper slices. *If you want your slices a little softer, cook for a bit (flipping once) to soften before adding eggs. I always add my eggs right away because I like the slices crunchy.
- Next, carefully crack an egg in the center of each bell pepper round.
- Allow the base of the egg to cook and set, then gently flip eggs and pepper rounds to cook the top a bit. *You can also leave the eggs sunny-side up and cook by covering with a lid ~ whatever your preference is.
- Next, add cheese and melt.
- Once everything is cooked and ready, place bell pepper egg rounds on plate, sprinkle with black pepper and parsley, drizzle with hot sauce. Serve toast on the side.
- Enjoy warm! 🙂