Actual spring and summer weather has been on my mind A LOT lately! Especially since we still have snow on the ground here (although the past few days have definitely been warmer, so things are looking up!). I always love incorporating a lot of color and fresh flavors into my meal, especially during the long winter months. It makes me excited for all the gardening planned for this summer! I am also always on the lookout for new breakfast/brunch recipes – definitely one of my favorite meals of the day. A bunch of my creations come from the need to use other things in my refrigerator and finding a delicious way to incorporate everything together. Avocado and carrots are a surprisingly good combination. I have read about avocado and carrot salads before/seen them on certain restaurant menus, but this is actually the first time I have had them as the two dominating flavors in a meal. The carrots are sweet and the avocado brings a more creamy/savory flavor. The additions of egg, cheese, peas, and a dressing help wrap everything together. For a simple dish, it certainly packs a lot of really tasty and interesting flavors. A must-try for a fresh and colorful spring or summer brunch. Enjoy! 🙂
Makes 1 Serving (*Can Easily be Multiplied)
*Carrots Bake for Around 1 Hour*
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 400°F
9 x 13 Baking Dish
Liquid Measuring Cup
1 Pound Bag of Carrots, Peeled (*This will make more than you need, but you can use the rest for other meals throughout the week! :))
1/2 Cup Stock of Choice (*I used chicken stock)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper (*To Taste)
Optional: Minced Garlic
1/2 Avocado (Ripe)
1/8 Cup Shredded Cheese of Choice (I used Sharp Cheddar)
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
1 Large Egg
Dressing of Choice (*I used a sweet carrot miso)
Parsley (*To Taste)
- First, preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Peel your carrots if you haven’t done so already.
- Next, pour stock and olive oil into a baking dish. Place carrots inside dish and top with salt, pepper and minced garlic, tossing to combine/coat everything.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove foil and toss carrots, then bake for another 30 minutes (uncovered).
- While carrots are cooking, cut up avocado and grate cheese.
- After carrots are done baking, test with a fork for preferred doneness (I like my carrots a bit firmer, but if you want them softer bake in 10 minute increments until desired texture is achieved).
- Once carrots are done baking, cook egg as desired and frozen peas.
- Plate everything together and top with dressing and seasonings of choice.
- Enjoy warm! 🙂