This is summer on a plate. Seafood, farm fresh veggies, pasta, a light salad, bread and cheese (of course!) ~ doesn’t get much better than this! 🙂 My family is a HUGE fan of shrimp and prepares them a number of different ways. One of our favorite ways is with pasta and vegetables! This pasta incorporates cherry tomatoes and spinach, kale and green garlic from Taproot Farm and some Burrata cheese. The meal is topped off with slices of fresh French baguette and a side salad using mixed greens and shaved Hakurei turnips from Taproot Farm, paired with olives and a light Italian dressing. Voila! It’s a fancy restaurant quality meal, all at home. This dish is equally as colorful as it is delicious – I hope you enjoy and happy cooking! 🙂
Makes Around 4-6 Servings* (*Depending how hungry you are)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Stove, Preheated to 425°F
One Sheet Pan (*Lined with Foil)
3 Large Sauté Pans (1 with Lid)
Dry Measuring Cups
2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
1 and 1/2 Pounds Fresh Capellini Pasta (*Or Pasta of Choice)
1 Pound Raw Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
5 Cups (Heaping) Kale, Destemmed and Torn Into Pieces
6 Cups (Heaping) Spinach Leaves
2 Stalks Green Garlic, Cut into Small Rounds
1 Bag Mixed Greens (*About 6 Heaping Cups)
3/4 Cup Pitted Italian Olives
1 Hakurei Turnip (Shaved)
Favorite Italian Dressing (*Added to Taste)
1 Burrata (Sliced)
1 French Baguette, Sliced
Fresh Basil Leaves (Torn for Topping)
- First, preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bring water to a boil in pasta pan on stove.
- While oven is preheating/water is heating, mix two pints cherry tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread on a foil lined sheet pan.
- Once oven is preheated, bake tomatoes for 20 to 25 minutes (*tomatoes should be wrinkly and slightly burst).
- While tomatoes are baking, mix up side salad by incorporating together the mixed greens, Italian olives, shaved Hakurei turnip and favorite dressing of choice. Set aside.
- After that, take sauté pan (with lid) and drizzle some olive oil on the pan. Add in green garlic rounds and slightly toast, then mix in kale and spinach (cover with lid) and cook (*mixing on and off until everything is wilted).
- While this is cooking, add olive oil to another sauté pan and toss in shrimp to cook. Add in salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Shrimp will turn pink color when cooked.
- Add in pasta to boiling water and cook as required (fresh pasta only cooks for a few minutes), then strain.
- Place pasta back in pasta pan and add in cherry tomatoes and kale/spinach/green garlic mixture, mixing to combine.
- Spoon on serving plate and top with shrimp and Burrata. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pair with side salad, bread and sprinkle with torn basil leaves.
- Enjoy! 🙂
*Leftovers keep in fridge for one to two days (best eaten the day after if there are leftovers).*