I hope everyone had a terrific weekend! 🙂 My absolute FAVORITE part about the weekend is being able to cook a big breakfast/brunch right at home! The past number of weekends I have been on the move in terms of travel, events, work, etc., so it was super nice to have a free morning to craft something up in the kitchen! 🙂 I was lucky enough to have organic potatoes, carrots, onion and parsley from Taproot Farm on hand, which inspired this colorful and flavorful root vegetable bowl! I also found some Peri-Peri sauce at my local Whole Foods, which is something I had for the first time while traveling in Ireland the other week (check out my Instagram page for travel pictures if interested!). Peri-Peri is a type of hot sauce and is definitely a new favorite of mine! Additionally, the sausage and bit of cheese on top took this dish to a whole new level. I totally wish I had leftovers to enjoy at work tomorrow morning! I hope you all enjoy this delicious breakfast bowl as much as I did – happy cooking and eating! 🙂
Makes 4 Servings
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Dry Measuring Cups
Large Sauté Pan (2)
4 Cups Diced Potato
1 and 1/4 Cups Diced Carrot
1/2 Cup Diced Onion
1 Package/Box Precooked Sausage of Choice, Thawed and Diced (I used a box of savory chicken sausage)
4 Large Eggs
Optional for Topping: Sauce of Choice (I used Peri-Peri Sauce), Cheese (I used a sprinkle of a cheddar/jack mix), Fresh Parsley, Salt and Pepper
- First, fill your large pasta pot halfway with water and bring to a boil on stove.
- Once boiling, add in your diced potato and carrot pieces, cooking for five minutes (*or more) until tender.
- While potatoes and carrots are cooking, fill a large sauté pan with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Scoop cooked vegetables out of hot water with slotted spoon and add to the large sauté pan. Also mix in diced onion and chicken sausage.
- Cook on medium/high heat, tossing occasionally until some pieces are browned/crisped and everything is heated through (this took me around 10 to 15 minutes, but can vary from stove to stove). Add salt and pepper to taste (I added a few dashes of each).
- As this is getting close to being done, add a light layer of olive oil to the second pan and crack in four eggs (cooking as desired ~ I fried mine).
- Once eggs and vegetable/sausage mix are done, scoop vegetable/sausage mix into a bowl, top with a fried egg, and sprinkle with cheese, sauce of choice, black pepper and parsley.
- Enjoy warm! 🙂
3 Comments Add yours
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person