I LOVE naan pizzas, so naturally I had to make a new version with some vegetables I had on hand! 🙂 If you have been following my recipes on Taproot Farm, you may remember my “Simple and Flavorful Baked Brie, Kale & Hakurei Turnip Naan Pizza“. And, if you have been following “The Kitchenologist” since the beginning, you may remember my “Stole a Pizza My Heart” recipe. This is my first white pizza recipe and, to my surprise, it might actually be my favorite! The vegetables and cheese really shined through in this version – I felt like I could taste each and every individual component which was a fun and flavorful experience! For the amount of veggies on this pizza, it surprisingly wasn’t overwhelming. Every taste and texture melded together perfectly and I am already excited to make it again. Hope you all enjoy this easy and delicious recipe as much as I have – happy cooking and eating! 🙂
Serves 1 Person (*Can Easily be Multiplied)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 425°F
1 Sheet Pan
Peeler/Mandoline (*For Zucchini)
1 Naan Bread (*You can also use a pita bread – I used garlic naan bread)
1/2 Cup (*or more) of Cheeses of Choice (I used a combination of asiago and fromaggia from my local farmer’s market, but ricotta is also a great option for a soft cheese!)
1 Garlic Scape (*Or Clove of Garlic), Cut into Small Pieces
1 Cup Zucchini, Thinly Sliced
3/4 Cup Broccoli, Cut into Small Pieces (*I used leftover broccoli I already cooked in chicken stock to soften, so feel free to precook your broccoli or keep it fresh and crunchy!)
1/2 Cup Fennel, Thinly Sliced
1/3 Cup Kale, Destemmed and Torn Into Small Pieces
Salt (*To Taste)
Pepper (*To Taste)
Optional for Topping: White Truffle Oil (*I used just a little bit and it was a great addition!)
Garlic Naan Topped with Mixed Cheeses, Garlic Scape, Zucchini, Fennel, Broccoli and Kale, Drizzled with Olive Oil and Sprinkled with Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Drizzle olive oil on sheet pan, then toss front and back of naan bread in oil to coat it (this helps the crust get nice and crispy).
- Next, add cheeses (leaving small crust edges).
- Then, top cheese with zucchini, broccoli, fennel, kale and garlic scape.
- Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes (until preferred crispiness is achieved – I bake mine for 10).
- Sprinkle with black pepper and salt, drizzle with truffle oil if desired.
- Let cool five minutes, then slice as preferred.
- Enjoy! 🙂