Fluffy and Flavorful Cake Brownies with a Swirl of Pumpkin Cream Cheese and Almond Infused Raw Honey
Can you believe Halloween is less than ONE WEEK away?! Time is FLYING! To celebrate, I am posting my recipe for these delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese and Almond Honey Cake Brownies! These brownies are light and fluffy with a twist of chocolate, pumpkin pie, almond and honey flavors. I’d like to thank Melanie’s Medleys for their delicious Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese, Funny Farm Apiaries for their decadent Almond Infused Raw Honey, and Isigny Sainte-Mère for their delectable Salted Butter, all used in this recipe! I have always been a fan of cake-like brownies versus ones that are overly fudgy and sweet. This is the first time I used cake flour in a brownie recipe and I am super pleased with the results! 🙂 These brownies serve as the perfect light, sweet and spiced treat during the fall season. I hope you all enjoy these brownies as much as I have – happy baking and NATIONAL PUMPKIN DAY!!!
Makes Around 12 Servings
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Oven, Preheated to 350°F
9 by 13 Oven Safe Baking Dish
Large Sauté Pan
Hand or Stand Mixer
Dry Measuring Cups
Liquid Measuring Cups
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Sugar
5 Large Eggs
2 Teaspoons Pure Almond Extract
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
1 Cup Cake Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 8 Ounce Container Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese (I used Melanie’s Medleys Pumpkin Pie Cream Cheese ~ use code “ALYSHA15 for $15 off any order! 🙂 )
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree (*Unsweetened)
1 Tablespoon Raw Honey of Choice (I used Almond Infused Raw Honey from Funny Farm Apiaries to get some extra almond flavor!)
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F and line your 9 by 13 baking pan with parchment paper. I recommend using a little bit of butter and spreading it with your fingers on the pan before pressing the parchment paper in and then spreading a little all over the top to help seal the paper in.
- Next, take your large sauté pan and melt your salted butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips on medium heat. Mix occasionally until everything is smoothed/blended (be careful not to burn). Remove from heat when finished.
- Next, using your hand or stand mixer, mix together the sugar, 4 of your large eggs, and pure almond extract until smooth and creamy.
- Next, add in your unsweetened cocoa, cake flour and baking powder. Mix everything until smooth.
- Then, add one half of your melted chocolate/butter mixture and combine until smooth, then add the second half and repeat.
- Mixture will be a bit thick, so gently pour and spread into your lined pan (a baking spatula can help with this).
- Next, with a clean mixer and bowl, combine your pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin puree, 1 large egg and raw honey. Mix until smooth and combined.
- Pour this mixture on top of the chocolate mixture and spread as evenly as possible.
- Then, using a blunt edge knife, dip the tip into the cream cheese and swirl/incorporate it throughout the entire brownie. Make sure to incorporate it everywhere to ensure an even chocolate/cream cheese combination! 🙂
- After this, gently tap the pan on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Next, bake your brownies for 35 to 40 minutes (mine baked for 40 minutes ~ a toothpick or cake tester should come out clean).
- After baking, allow brownies to completely cool in the pan for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy! 🙂
- *I do recommend storing leftovers in the refrigerator since the recipe does have cream cheese in it. Just make sure the brownies are completely cool so you don’t get water on top from the condensation.*
- I personally like pulling the leftover brownies out of the refrigerator as needed and allowing them to warm to room temperature before eating (pull some out before dinner and they’ll be ready by dessert time!).
- Happy Baking! :)!