Mini Everything Bagel Slices Topped with Poached Eggs, Everything Bagel Seasoning, Goat Cheese and Hot Sauce, Served Over a Bed of Sautéed Brussel Sprout Pieces, Garlic and Carrots.
As the days get cooler and cooler, I find myself craving all things savory and warm for my meals. This mini bagel “benedict” paired with a simple sautéed garlic, brussel sprout and carrot hash fits just the ticket. The most complicated part of this recipe is poaching the eggs, which I have provided my tips and tricks for in this post. The end result is something simple but spectacular in flavor. Additionally, it’s always a plus when you can sneak extra veggies into your breakfast! I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the delicious organic brussel sprouts, carrots and garlic used in this recipe. I am already looking forward to making this again for breakfast. I hope you all enjoy this recipe – happy cooking! 🙂
Makes 1 Serving (*Can Easily be Multiplied)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Large Sauté Pan
Small Sauce Pan
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Cup Brussel Sprouts, Cut into Pieces
2 Large Carrots, Diced
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
2 Large Eggs
1 Capful Apple Cider Vinegar (Seems odd, but actually helps bind the poached egg together)
Bread/Bagel of Choice (I used a Mini Everything Bagel)
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Everything Bagel Seasoning
Hot Sauce of Choice (I used Peri Peri Sauce)
- First,fill small sauce pan ¾ full of water and add a capful of apple cider vinegar. Place on high heat on stove and bring to a boil.
- While water is heating, add your olive oil, brussel sprout pieces, carrot pieces, and minced garlic to your saute pan. Cook everything on medium/medium high until it’s softened and lightly browned on edges. You can also toast your bagel or bread of choice awhile as well.
- Once water is boiling, crack the large eggs into cups or measuring cups (keeping the yolk intact). *Gently* dip the edge of the cup into the boiling water and pour one egg in then the next. Then, shut off the heat entirely.
- Let your egg sit on the heated stovetop for 3 minutes (this is if you like a runny egg – if you like it cooked a bit more, leave it on for 4 minutes).
- Once it hits three minutes, scoop the “poached” eggs out using the slotted spoon (allowing access water to drain off) and then slide the eggs on the top of your bagel slices.
- Surround bagel slices with brussel sprout, carrot and garlic hash.
- Top eggs with hot sauce and everything bagel seasoning and sprinkle goat cheese and black pepper all over.
- Enjoy! 🙂
2 Comments Add yours
This looks Amazing!!! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! 🙂 It was delicious – I’m excited to make it again! 😋