Scrambled egg, Romanesco, mixed greens, brussel sprouts, and garlic, all stuffed into two soft corn tortillas, topped with goat cheese crumbles, toasted sesame seeds and hot sauce.
Trying to think of more ways to sneak greens into your breakfast (especially after all the yummy Thanksgiving food this week!)? Look no further than these delicious Green Goddess Breakfast Tacos! Stuffed with organic greens and vegetables, these tacos are a healthy and tasty start to your day. I’d like to thank Taproot Farm for the delicious organic brussel sprouts, garlic, mixed greens, and Romanesco used in this recipe. The greens add some crunch, while the Romanesco adds more of a heartier texture to the mix. The flavors all meld together perfectly and you won’t realize you’re essentially eating a “salad” for breakfast! I hope you all enjoy this nutritious and delicious recipe as much as I have – happy eating! 🙂
Makes 1 Serving (*Can Easily be Multiplied)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2018
Sauce Pan with Lid
1 Head Romanesco
2 Corn Tortillas
1/2 Cup Fresh Mixed Greens of Choice
1/2 Cup Brussel Sprouts, Broken Apart
1 Clove Garlic, Minced
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1 Large Egg
Goat Cheese Crumbles
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- First, fill the sauce pan halfway with water and place your head of Romanesco in it. Turn the heat on medium and cover with lid. Steam Romanesco until bright green in color and can be easily pierced with a fork.
- While Romanesco is steaming, combine brussel sprout pieces, minced garlic and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a sauté pan. Cook until the brussel sprout pieces are softened/slightly browned on the edges.
- Next, top your corn tortillas (*heat beforehand if desired) with mixed greens of choice and spoon on cooked brussel sprout/garlic mix.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the same sauté pan and crack in 1 large egg and scramble.
- Divide the cooked scrambled egg pieces among the two tortillas.
- Remove cooked Romanesco from sauce pan using a slotted spoon, dice into bite sized pieces and add desired amount to each tortilla (*store any leftovers in a container and refrigerate).
- Top tacos with goat cheese crumbles, everything bagel seasoning and hot sauce if desired.
- Enjoy! 🙂