A quick and easy dinner made with kale and topped with parsley from Taproot Farm CSA, Week 1!
Anybody else intimidated by large bunches of kale? I love kale, but sometimes I look at a large bunch and slightly panic – how am I going to use ALL of this. That’s where these quesadillas come in – an easy meal that packs a lot of vegetables into one serving!
Get creative with these – I personally crave the combination of goat cheese, mushrooms and kale. But you can use any vegetables on hand to create this tasty quesadilla. I always like to keep a few easy and healthy meal ideas on hand because days can get hectic, and it’s always nice to have a simple go-to!
Hope you all enjoy these – eat in good health!
Makes 1-2 Servings
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2020
2 Tortillas of Choice (I used Whole Wheat)
2 Cups Kale and Stems, Cut/Torn into Bite Sized Pieces
1 Cup Mushroom, Cut into Bite Sized Pieces
2 Spring Onions (Bulb and Stalks), Cut into Bite Sized Pieces
Fresh Garlic or Garlic Seasoning to Taste (I used local It’s Seasoned Garlic and Herb Seasoning)
1/2 Cup Goat Cheese (I used local Amazing Acres Fromagina)
Optional Topping: Chopped Parsley, Extra Goat Cheese and Hot Sauce (I used local Epic Acre Farm Hot Sauce)
1. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a saute pan, place heat on low/medium and add your mushroom pieces, kale pieces and seasonings of choice. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes until soft/lightly browned, tossing occasionally.
2. While vegetables are cooking, preheat your oven to 425°F. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil to a rimmed sheet pan to coat, and then toss your tortillas (front and back) in this oil to fully coat. Add additional oil to tortillas for coating if needed.
3. Next, divide vegetable mix between two tortillas. Add approximately 1/4 cup of goat cheese to each. Fold in half and press down lightly to form crescent moon shapes (see pictures above).
4. Bake in the oven on the top shelf for 6-8 minutes until browned, flip, and bake an additional 4-6 minutes until browned on the other side.
5. Remove and let cool before cutting into halves if desired. Serve with sauces/toppings/dips of choice.