An easy sheet pan side dish that is super simple to throw together!
I love sheet pan meals and side dishes. Anything that’s easy in the food prep realm I am always game for. Crispy sheet pan potatoes are a favorite of mine, because it’s a super hands off way to make potatoes and also works great as a dinner side, breakfast accompaniment – you name it!
I enjoy that this dish is simple, but combines a lot of really great flavors. The sweet onion, basil and goat cheese truly add to the entire dish in a unique way. I love the melting pockets of goat cheese and the pop of basil as I am eating this. Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe – happy cooking!
Makes 3-4 Servings
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2020
4 Cups Cubed Red Potatoes – I wash and scrubbed these, then cubed them in small approximately 1 inch by 1 inch cubes
2 Cups Cubed Sweet Onion
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
4 Cloves Garlic, Sliced
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
1/3 Cup Goat Cheese, Crumbled
A Dozen (or more) Basil Leaves
- First, scrub and wash your potatoes, then cube. Also cube your sweet onion and slice your garlic.
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Add your potatoes, onions and garlic to a sheet pan, pour olive oil over top and mix thoroughly to incorporate on the pan and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and pepper if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes, mix/flip, and then back for an additional 10 to 15 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
- Add goat cheese crumbles, fresh basil, extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Enjoy warm!