Peaches and tomatoes are a beautiful combination. I enjoy this dish because it combines the warmth of broiled tomatoes with the coolness of fresh cut peaches. Having the tomatoes heated as well brings forth a more savory flavor and cuts back on acidity, which pairs nicely with the peach sweetness.
For an appetizer, light meal or snack, this dish fits the summertime food ticket. I enjoyed broiling my tomatoes with some local goat cheese on top, which crisped slightly on top and melted throughout the tomato. Balsamic reduction and basil helps to tie everything together with some sweet and earthy tones. I hope everyone enjoys this quick and easy recipe. Happy cooking!
Makes 1 ServingIngredients
- One Green Tomato, Sliced
- 1 Peach, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Goat Cheese, Crumbled or Sliced
- Balsamic Reduction
- Olive Oil
- First, grease a sheet pan with ~1 teaspoon olive oil. Place your green tomato slices on the pan and top with goat cheese.
- Broil this until tomato slices are softened and goat cheese is melting/lightly browned (mine took around 7 minutes).
- While the tomatoes are broiling, slice your peach.
- Arrange warm tomatoes and peach slices on a plate. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, sprinkle with pepper and basil.