Makes 3-4 Servings
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu
- Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Black Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (Smooth or Crunchy for Texture)
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Chili Flakes
- Head of Lettuce (chopped)
- 1 to 2 Cucumbers (chopped)
- 2 to 3 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 to 5 Sweet Peppers (chopped)
- Optional: Rice, Noodles, Basil, Microgreens, Extra Greens of Choice, Other Vegetables, Etc.
- First preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Press your firm tofu with a towel to help remove some water. Just a quick press all around the block – I enjoy leaving some moisture in there while it cooks (but you can also prepare it the way you like!).
- Once I press the tofu, I cut the block into ~1 inch cubes.
- I place those on the sheet pan, and drizzle over top a 1 to 1 to 1 ration of olive oil, soy sauce and hot sauce (in this recipe I used ~2 tablespoons of each). Feel free to use what seasonings/flavoring you enjoy !
- Once I drizzle the sauces all over top, I lightly toss the squares to mix the sauce and coat them. I find this works better because the tofu can be delicate.
- Bake your tofu for a total of ~20 minutes until browned (I flipped halfway at the 10 minute mark).
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare your other Gado-gado components. Prepare rice/noodles according to packaging instructions and chop any vegetables you are using.
- To prepare the spicy peanut sauce, I combined in a bowl 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 teaspoon hot sauce, 2 teaspoons water (might use more or less depending on desired thickness of sauce, so I recommend adding 1 teaspoon at a time), and add chili flakes to taste if desired (I used ~ 1 teaspoon).
- Serve tofu with veggies and rice, pour peanut sauce over top and add extra black pepper and herbs (I used basil) if desired.
One Comment Add yours
One of my favorite dishes, and your version looks lovely!