I can’t believe it’s November already! This spring/summer CSA season has flown by, and I am excited to enjoy all the heartier greens and root vegetables. This stir fry is a tribute to some of those “cooler weather” vegetables. It’s a fun and simple way to incorporate heartier greens like cabbage and kale into your breakfast. And don’t forget some sliced radishes and turnips to add on top for added crunch!
If you want to mix-up your standard eggs for something a little more unique, I definitely recommend giving this recipe a try. The sweet of the honey and saltiness of the soy sauce really tie everything together. As always, feel free to experiment with what vegetables you have on hand! Happy cooking and eating! 🙂
- 1 Cup Bite Sized Pieces of Cabbage/Kale Blend (*or greens of choice)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Optional Additions: Sliced radishes, sliced turnips, black sesame seeds, salt and pepper Directions
- First, coat your sauté pan with the olive oil.
- Next, add in your hearty greens. Cook on medium heat until slightly wilted.
- Push the greens to the side. Scramble your egg and add it into the pan. Pan fry the egg until it’s completely cooked through, then use your spatula to break into small pieces. Mix these pieces with the cooked greens.
- Pour the honey and soy sauce over the egg and green mix, using your spatula to mix/incorporate all the flavors throughout.
- Serve warm. Top with sliced radishes and/or turnips if desired for a bit of “crunch”, black sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
Alysha Melnyk is the Founder and Content Creator of The Kitchenologist©, a food blog dedicated to healthy eating and kitchen experiments. Alysha combined her background in biology with her passion for making food delicious, eye-catching, and accessible. When she’s not cooking in the kitchen or dreaming up a recipe, Alysha works full time as an Implementation Specialist at ECRI, an international medical nonprofit located in suburban Philadelphia that is dedicated to improving patient safety worldwide. Alysha finds her many career passions revolve around the power of knowledge and that equipping people with the right tools and resources will help them make better informed decisions.