After enjoying many glorious days of leftover mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy, I am definitely craving something lighter on the menu. This arugula and mushroom sauté with a hint of red chili flakes is just the ticket. Warm, nourishing, and simple, it’s the perfect quick and easy side dish for your morning eggs or chicken dinner. Happy eating!
Serves Four as a Side Dish
- 6 Cups Arugula
- 2 Cups Diced Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 Large Garlic Clove, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Oilve Oil
- Optional for Topping/Serving: Salt and Red Chili Flakes
- Add your oil to a sauté pan and heat on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Next, add in portabella mushroom pieces and sauté around 5 minutes until tender.
- After that, add in your minced garlic and cook for an additional 7 to 10 minutes until garlic and mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add in half of the arugula, cook for a few minutes until wilted, and then add second half of the arugula. Mix and toss this occasionally while cooking for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until most residual liquid cooks off.
- Mix in chili flakes, salt and other seasonings as desired and serve.