Friends and followers! I am very excited and honored today to feature a recipe from Kelly Petersen’s blog: The Bookish Kitchen! If you aren’t already following her blog, you are missing out – I encourage you to go follow it! 🙂 Kelly shares her favorite recipes in addition to posts about food, travel, books and life. Some of my personal favorites of her posts include her Peaches and Cream Cupcakes, Pineapple Margaritas, and Summer Bucket List – among many others! Kelly is a ray of sunshine and I am so thrilled to have her as both a colleague and a friend. This pie is OUT OF THIS WORLD good! I tried it for the first time a few months ago and was blown away. I have always been a huge Snickers fan, but this pie takes it to a whole new level. It’s like eating a perfect Snickers cloud (if that could actually be a thing). So, if you are looking for something sweet and delicious for all of those 4th of July celebrations right around the corner, a special weekend dessert, or to “treat yo’ self”, this is the pie for you! 🙂 ENJOY!
Makes 8-10 Servings
Recipe by Kelly Petersen, The Bookish Kitchen
1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (I use Famous Chocolate Wafers and put them in the food processor)
1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup caramel sauce, divided (*I had salted caramel on hand, so I ended up using that instead)
1 (8 ounce) bar cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4 Snickers bars, chopped
- For the pie crust: Preheat the oven for 350F. Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar in a small bowl. Press into a 9-inch pie pan (*disclaimer – I did not have a pie pan, so I used an 11 inch tart pan and it worked fine!) that has been sprayed lightly with olive oil spray. Bake the crust for 10 minutes; cool completely and set aside.
- For the pie filling: Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer, whip the heavy cream until medium peaks form, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce, and the powdered sugar. Add a spoonful of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Add half of the remaining whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, and gently fold together. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream. Do not overwork the mixture because you don’t want to deflate the whipped cream. Add in 1/2 of the Snickers pieces and gently fold in.
- To assemble: Drizzle 1 tablespoon of caramel sauce onto the pie crust and then spoon in the pie filling. Drizzle the top with the remaining caramel sauce and decorate with the remaining Snickers pieces.
- Refrigerate the pie, covered, for at least 4 hours, or overnight.