The perfect healthy snack for when you’re craving a big plate of French fries ~ crispy, slightly sweet and savory!
This is a dish I could eat EVERY SINGLE DAY and not tire of! I have always been a lover of fries and I especially love baked versions. Japanese sweet potatoes are one of my new favorite vegetables – their flavor is absolutely incredible (thank you Taproot Farm for these beauties!). This recipe uses only FIVE ingredients to make and you can “dress it up” and make the white truffle version by adding a little bit of white truffle oil and Melanie’s Medleys White Truffle Cream Cheese which ties everything together! The sweet and savory flavor combinations are incredible and make this a healthy and delicious snack (or meal…if you’re so inclined like me to eat a whole tray for lunch haha!). You can also just bake these plain and dip them/top them in your favorite combinations of choice! I hope you all enjoy these flavorful fries as much as I have – happy baking! 🙂
Makes 2 Servings
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019
2 and 1/2 Cups Sweet Potato Pieces (*You can try to make them look like fries or make them a little “abstract” looking like mine – the key is to try and make them all around the same thickness so they cook uniformly!)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Salt (*To Taste)
Black Pepper (*To Taste)
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Granules
*For a “truffle” twist: 1 teaspoon (*or more) white truffle oil; Melanie’s Medleys White Truffle Cream Cheese (get $15 off your order with code “ALYSHA15”)
- First, peel and cut up your sweet potatoes. Place peeled/cut potato pieces in a bowl of water and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Pat your sweet potato pieces dry using paper towels or a dish towel.
- Dump the water out of the bowl, wipe dry and place potato pieces back inside.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil (*and 1 teaspoon or more white truffle oil if using), few dashes salt, few dashes pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules. Mix everything until well combined.
- Spread out onto your baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes total (7 minutes then flip and another 7 minutes). Ovens may vary, so keep an eye on your fries. They may need to be flipped sooner than that if you see browning earlier.
- Allow the fries to cool for five minutes.
- Top with White Truffle Cream Cheese if desired (I melt mine a bit in the microwave before drizzling it on top), extra black pepper and garnishes of choice.
- Enjoy! 🙂