A pancake that’s also like cheesecake?! Don’t believe me? Try this recipe and find out – creamy, decadent pancakes perfectly paired with some extra chocolate and berries! The ideal sweet treat this Valentine’s Day for you and your loved one, friends, family, or just a whole heaping plate to yourself (self-love all the way!).
Can you believe it’s already Valentine’s Day week?! 2019 has been flying by already! In fact, it has been OVER A MONTH since my last blog post! Life has been crazy (to say the least). This past month has been filled with birthdays, anniversaries, and celebrations galore. But, I am thrilled to get back in the swing of things! To celebrate, here is my new recipe creation just in time for Valentine’s Day week/weekend celebrations: Chocolate Cheesecake Pancakes! These are different than your typical pancakes. They are decadent, soft and creamy in consistency, but also make for a filling breakfast option! Paired with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, whipped cream, and berries, you can’t go wrong! I’d like to give a special thanks to Melanie’s Medleys for the cream cheese and Funny Farm Apiaries for the honey used in this recipe, in addition to Boston Potter for the beautiful plate the pancakes are on! So, if you are looking for a special treat this heart day, look no further than here! Have fun and enjoy! Wishing everyone a week of love and laughter with those you hold near and dear.
Makes About 12 Pancakes (*Depending on the size you make.)
Recipe by © Alysha Melnyk 2019
Measuring Cups (Dry & Liquid)
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Container Melanie’s Medleys Plain Cream Cheese (get $15 off your order with code “ALYSHA15”) or Plain Cream Cheese of Choice (about 8 ounces in total)
2 Large Eggs
3/4 Cup Cake Flour (I used King Arthur’s Cake Flour)
3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1/3 Cup Cane Sugar
1 Tablespoon Raw Honey (I used Funny Farm Apiaries Chocolate Cappuccino Honey)
Olive Oil or Olive Oil Spray
For Topping: Whipped Cream (I used Isigny Sainte-Mère Whipped Cream), Chocolate Syrup, Chocolate Sprinkles, and Red Raspberries (Feel free to mix these up/get creative!)
- First, combine your milk, cream cheese and eggs in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Next, add in your cake flour, all–purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and raw honey. Blend until smooth, using a spoon to scrape down the sides and stir as necessary. Mixture will be thick but smooth.
- Heat olive oil/olive oil spray (*I used the spray) on low/medium heat in sauté pan.
- Once the pan is heated, pour batter into the center of your pan (making the pancake size of your choice).
- I would do a “test” pancake first to see how the pan is temperature-wise. Look for the edges to brown/bubble. The pancake top will still look soft, but it is ready to flip because this mixture tends to cook fast. Other side will cook fast as well. Pancake will feel cooked through but spongey in consistency when done.
- Repeat as needed to make all pancakes. Keep pancakes covered to keep them all warm until you are done cooking.
- Top pancakes with extra ingredients of choice (whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, berries, etc.).
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave (they taste just as great!).
- Enjoy! 🙂